Updates on skin care and foundation routines

So- I've changes up a couple of things with my foundation and skin care routines as summer approaches. I will give you a run down on a couple of new things that I am trying, whether I'm loving them or leaving them after I finish up what I've got.


Skincare:
After I suffered from a rather large breakout due to Studio Sculpt (so sad, I know) I returned to my tried and true skin care. the only thing that really changes is the moisturizers for both day and night. I've also gone back to using the Peter Thomas Roth cucumber mask every night (stick it in the fridge for the most wonderfully refreshing and cooling mask ever)

Moisturizers:

Daytime- Kinerase Ultimate Day Moisturizer ($125)- I do realize that the price for this is ridiculously high but it lasts FOREVER. I've had the same tube for over a year, and I still have tons left. The Sephora website describes this as the "richest day cream in the Kinerase collection - ideal for dry, mature, or environmentally damaged skin." I definitely have to agree, as this is the heaviest moisturizer I have ever used. Its perfect for making it through tough winters. However, unlike some moisturizers, it doesn't sit on top of your skin and feel gloopy. Instead it sinks deep into the skin, moisturizing from the inside out and creating the unmistakable natural "glow from within". This also claims that "using sunlight-activated technology, photosomes are clinically proven to improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin by 52 percent." While my skin isn't sun damaged, I can tell you that this keeps my skin wonderfully soft without being greasy all day long.

Nightime: Kinerase Ultimate Night Moisturizer ($125)- This is the heavier yet wonderfully blissful night cream that puts all others to shame. Don't get me wrong, I love my Chanel Beaute Intiale, but there is just something about this that always makes me feel like my skin is the best it can be. I slather it on at night and in the morning my skin STILL feels moisturized. I think that my next purchase will be their eye cream, because I think I may always be a loyal Kinerase fan, even if its not in my everyday repertoire, its definitely the first thing I reach for when my skin starts to act up.

Foundation Routine-
As I mentioned, studio sculpt was wonderful for.... a week. After that I broke out in my worst breakout in about four years. I stopped using ALL makeup (which is a huge deal for me) for about 3 days and washed and exfoliated and treated until some of it went down. I also went to my dermatologist who gave me some heavy duty antibiotics to get rid of it all.

Foundation:

Primer: CoverFX BritePrepFX ($45)- I bought this a long time ago, when I was hooked on all over CoverFX's products. Although my love affair with their intense cream foundations and cakey powder ended, things with BritePrep and I never got off the ground. I was into the "super matte" porcelain doll look, and I figured that a brightening primer was the last thing I needed. However, as my makeup has evolved, and summer approaches, I find myself wanting more and more for glowy, sun kissed skin. A very small amount of this goes a long way, and I have to remember to shake it or I get a big oily, separated mess. But, once I got the hang of it, my skin is glowy all day long, without looking like I dipped my face into a vat of frying grease.

Concealer: MAC studio finish ($16.50)- full coverage, creamy, perfection. those are the only things I needed to hear. I'm sold. I set it with some luminous Armani loose powder I've had for years.

Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42)- I've already written about this lots. Its perfectly pigmented and wonderful.


Besides that I haven't changed much at all.

On a side note, in attempts to get my color treated hair back to some for a decency I'm trying the John Freida Frizz Ease Cream Serum Overnight Repair Formula. Talk about a mouthful. updates on that an full coastal scents palettes review coming up tomorrow.

♥ blonde and the beauty

Leave a Reply