FOTD- Greens, Blues and Purples

In an attempt to break myself out of the super neutral look I’ve been sporting for a week, I visited my lovely friends at MAC to see if they could pull me out of my neutral-dazed funk. As always, they delivered, and this look was just too gorgeous not to show.

update: whether it was a change in climate from vacation or a result of my new favorite foundation, I got a huge breakout when I got back from spring break. Since then I have totally laid off the foundation, as I’m thinking that Studio Sculpt may have been the culprit. I’ve been using smashbox photofinish, studio finish concealer and MSF natural as my daily skin routine, along with tons of cleansing and it seems to be making the problem much less.

Products Used (MAC unless noted otherwise)

Face:

Smashbox Photofinish Original Primer

Studio Finish concealer in NW20

Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium

Eyes:

Painterly Paint Pot (nude base)

Purple Haze (matte grey lilac color), Violet Trance (bright matte purple) and Atlantic Blue (matte cool toned blue) in crease with a 224 tapered blending brush

Steamy (a cool blue toned teal with lots of shimmer) all over the lid with the 239 shadow brush

Ego (a very shimmery light pink) as a brow bone highlight with the 239 shadow brush

Blacktrack fluidline (black gel eyeliner) across the top lash line with either a 209 or a 266 angled liner brush

Pearlglide Intense eyeliner in Undercurrent (blue teal color) on bottom waterline and top corner waterline- this gets released on thursday and all of the colors are AMAZING!

Violet Trance and Atlantic Blue right on bottom lash line with the 219 pencil brush

Fresh Super Nova Mascara on top and bottom lashes

Cheeks:

Springshine Blush (shimmery pinkish orange) to the apples with the 129 blush brush

Mineralize Skin Finish in Light Flush buffed onto cheekbone with 181 small buffer brush

Refined Golden Bronzer (deep golden bronze) with 181 buffer into contour

Lips:

naked lip liner (true pale neutral- almost like a concealer for your lips)

Plushglass Lip gloss in Posh It Up (a golden pink that almost has a coral-ish sheen)

I think this may be my new “go to” look. I’m loving the green with my brown eyes. I tend to reach for purples and blues, but I’m definitely going to start going out of my way to use more greens.

(coastal scents reviews are in the works, just taking a while)


Leave a Reply